- RSS Channel Showcase 7748786
- RSS Channel Showcase 2021643
- RSS Channel Showcase 9752033
- RSS Channel Showcase 5287844
Articles on this Page
- 06/19/17--06:01: _Pokémon Go is getti...
- 07/20/17--20:00: _Crunch Report | Elo...
- 07/23/17--14:46: _I went to Pokémon G...
- 07/25/17--15:54: _Here’s the schedule...
- 08/06/17--03:51: _Escher Reality is b...
- 09/06/17--04:51: _Niantic’s postponed...
- 09/22/17--08:15: _Preschoolers get th...
- 11/08/17--07:16: _Niantic’s follow-up...
- 11/24/17--12:24: _Pokémon Go creator ...
- 11/27/17--17:48: _Pokémon GO gets a s...
- 06/12/18--14:25: _Hands-on with Ninte...
- 06/27/18--13:53: _Pokémon Quest hits ...
- 07/20/18--12:44: _Niantic explains ho...
- 08/06/18--14:38: _Pokémon GO is getti...
- 08/23/18--09:00: _Twitch will livestr...
- 09/25/18--08:13: _That weird nut Poké...
- 10/09/18--09:20: _Pokémon GO will get...
- 10/16/18--10:35: _Pokémon GO update b...
- 07/20/17--20:00: Crunch Report | Elon Musk Wants To Make Infrastructure Great Again
- 08/06/17--03:51: Escher Reality is building the backend for cross-platform mobile AR
- 11/27/17--17:48: Pokémon GO gets a surprise new legendary: Ho-Oh
- 06/12/18--14:25: Hands-on with Nintendo’s Poké Ball Plus
- 06/27/18--13:53: Pokémon Quest hits app store with a jolt
- 07/20/18--12:44: Niantic explains how and why it bans players in Pokémon GO
- 08/06/18--14:38: Pokémon GO is getting PvP by the end of the year
- 10/09/18--09:20: Pokémon GO will get Gen IV Pokémon “soon”
- 10/16/18--10:35: Pokémon GO update bringing ‘mon from the Sinnoh region is live
Just about a year ago, Pokémon Go came out of nowhere and took over the world. If you lived in any sort of big city, you probably couldn’t go a block without seeing a Go player sprint by, staring at their phone all the while. The hype inevitably died down, of course. Some people caught […]
Legendary Pokémon come to Pokémon GO, Elon Musk says he has verbal OK to build tunnel on the East Coast, YouTube Live launches in 10 more markets and Intel launches deep learning on a stick with Movidius technology. All this on Crunch Report!
“Do people still play Pokémon GO?” It’s a question that pops up pretty much any time the game gets mentioned. The answer: yep! It’s rarely the sidewalk-filling, flash mob-inducing hype monster that it was for a few weeks after launch — and that’s probably better for everyone. But lots and lots of people do still play.
Ever since the first Legendary Pokémon (read: ultra strong, ultra rare Pokémon that require groups of 10-20 players to capture) appeared in Pokémon GO shortly after the upset that was GO Fest, one thing has remained unclear: were the Legendaries here to stay?
Y Combinator-backed, MIT spin-out Escher Reality is building a cross-platform toolkit and custom backend for mobile AR developers -- aiming to lower the barrier to entry to building “compelling experiences”.
Good news for Pokémon Go fans in Europe: Niantic has announced new dates for the events in Europe that were postponed following the disastrous outcome of the first-ever Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago in July. The events — dubbed ‘Pokémon GO Safari Zone’ — will be held as follows: October 7, 2017 Fisketorvet—Copenhagen, Denmark Centrum Černý Most—Prague, […]
A new app called Pokémon Playhouse from the Pokémon Company, released this week, is bringing Pikachu and friends to preschoolers. Unlike the augmented reality game Pokémon Go, a collaboration between Niantic and Nintendo by way of the Pokémon Company, this latest game is not focused on capturing Pokémon, battling and raids. Instead, it’s filled with activities […]
Niantic Labs had tremendous success with Pokémon Go, which paired their expertise in building location-based augmented reality mobile experiences with a top-flight IP with a ravenous fan base. So, it stands to reason that we should expect a similar fan response to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, an AR title set to launch in 2018, co-developed […]
Pokémon Go creator Niantic has raised a new $200 million in funding, reports The Wall Street Journal. The Series B raise was led by Spark Capital, and includes participation from Founders Fund, Meritech, Javelin Venture Capital, You & Mr. Jones and NetEase, Inc. Spark partner Megan Quinn is also joining Niantic’s board as part of […]
A bit of a surprise just dropped for everyone poking around Pokémon GO this holiday season: a new legendary Pokémon, Ho-Oh. Niantic usually debuts legendary Pokémon (the massive, super strong Pokémon that require groups of up to 20 players to take down and capture) with a bit of fanfare, but this one showed up pretty […]
Nintendo doesn’t come out with a ton of hardware in-between system launches, but the peripherals it does come out with have a history of being pretty quality. That being said, the Poké Ball Plus may be the nicest little game-specific system accessory Nintendo has sold yet. At Nintendo’s big, honking E3 booth I had a […]
Coming just shy of a month after its original release on the Nintendo Switch, Pokémon Quest has hit the the App Store and Google Play Store today with an impressive response. According to analytics by Sensor Tower, the app on iPhone is already at No. 2 in Japan and No. 3 in Korea. While hovering […]
Getting banned for cheating is nothing new in Pokémon GO. There’ve been big ol’ ban waves every few weeks for ages now. The policies have never been totally set in stone, however — at least not publicly. Like many of the game’s mechanics, the player base has had to share info amongst themselves to figure […]
As popular as Pokemon GO is, it has always been missing one major feature: pitting your Pokemon directly against another trainer's. Strange, since that was the entire basis of the franchise to begin with! But the mobile game will at last get this much-requested feature by the end of the year.
Twitch has teamed up with The Pokémon Company to allow viewers to binge watch the Pokémon: The Series TV show and related movies on its site, and “catch” Pokémon badges along the way. While the former is one of Twitch’s many retro binge watch fests – it’s previously streamed old shows like Bob Ross, Julia Child, […]
This past Saturday, something pretty weird happened in Pokémon Go: immediately after the monthly "Community Day" event came to a close, a strange, new, never-before-seen Pokémon showed up. Weirder yet: no one could actually catch it.
It’s been about 10 months since the last big batch of Pokémon (Gen III, as it’s known) started rolling out in Pokémon GO. At this point, if you’re still playing GO, you’ve probably caught just about everything there is to catch. Missing that feeling of adding something new to your Pokédex? Good news: Gen IV […]
If you've been laying off the Pokémon Go for a while due to a lack of new monsters, prepare to be glued to your phone again. Niantic is now adding pokémon from the rugged Sinnoh region that first appeared in 2007's Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games.